Celebrating Independent Gainesville
Join Swallowtail Country Fair Pie Contest on Saturday April 12th, 2014!
Official Pie Contest Rules:
1. Pie+entry form must be submitted by 1pm on April 12th at Swallowtail Farm. There will be a clearly marked judging tent. Entry forms will be available here.
2. Pies are only limited by your imaginations! No savory pies please, although we love them. Lets keep it sweet.
3. We have a large walk-in cooler for those that need to be chilled.
4. Pies must be large enough to split between 6 judges.
5. Participant is responsible for taking their own pie plate home, otherwise the swallowtail monster will eat them!
6. All pies must come with recipe cards! We want to know how you made the magic happen.
7. Please pre-register here so we have an idea of how many folks are participating. You can still enter if you don’t pre-register, but it would be awesome if you did!
8. Store bought pastry shells, crusts and fillings are expressly PROHIBITED! Homemade, y’all!
9. Pie contests will be divided into two categories: Youth (17 & younger) & Adults (18+). These two categories will be judged separately.
10. There will be 1st, 2nd & 3rd place winners for each category (prizes TBA) and something special for ALL participants as well. We love everybody who bakes pie, good or bad!
11. Questions? E-mail Emily @ emilyeckhardt127-at-gmail.com